SignSpell follows three friendly aliens, Zip, Pella and Statz as they go about their adventures on planet Earth. They use aspects of British Sign Language in their adventures to convey and explain the world around them.
There are 12 books in total, each with a separate adventure and theme. Themes covered in the books are: greetings, colours, numbers, school, animals, seaside, party, weather, countryside, transport, sport and emotions.
Each book is supported by four lesson plans to support the recognition, repetition and recall of up to 10 signs, with more signs and phrases available to view and learn online.
With the stories, lesson plans and online resources and media, children learn strategies to help their communication skills, use of language, spelling and remembering words.
Included in this bundle are:
- 4 sets of 12 SignSpell story books
- 4 digital access tokens - allowing up to 4 members of staff to access the content at the same time
- 4 packs of flashcards featuring every sign from the story books
- 12 digital versions of SignSpell story books
- 48 storybook lesson plans
- 2 additional lesson plans to support an introduction to SignSpell and fingerspelling
- Online dictionary featuring videos of 340 signs and phrases
- Downloadable and printable flashcards
- Colouring activities
- Downloadable and printable Number Chart and Spell with Zip (fingerspelling alphabet chart)
*Digital products and Flashcards are subject to standard rate VAT. This will be added at checkout.